Teeth and gums need a lot of care on a regular basis to stay healthy and disease-free. You need to brush and floss and clean them regularly to keep them in good health. You should eat only helpful foods and stay away from the bad habit of smoking.
Any dentist can confirm how smoking and chewing tobacco products have a bad impact on your oral health. They are not only harmful for your dental health but also for overall health as well.
Serious health risks are associated with the habit of smoking and you should understand that well. Unless you get rid of this hazardous habit, you can’t hope to maintain your dental healthy for sure.
Here are harms smoking brings to your oral health:
- Smoking causes yellowing effect on teeth and leads to teeth discoloration.
- The discoloration is actually effect of stains and tar found in most tobacco.
- Yellowed teeth are hard to get whitened and they involve a lot of work for dentists.
- The harmful chemicals in smoking weaken the tooth enamel.
- Tobacco products damage the protective layer and damage the tooth strength.
- Smoking can cause the stains to get deep into the teeth making it hard to go away.
- The regular use of tobacco products makes the teeth and gums more vulnerable to bacteria and acids
- The tooth can rot if smoking is continued as it the protecting layer is not there to help
- The rotting teeth can run the risk of falling out and this can disturb your facial glow to a great level
- Gum diseases happen when you smoke regularly as it creates a deficiency of oxygen in the blood
- Tobacco is one of major reasons to weaken the immune system and take up the risks of mouth infection.
- Smoking creates a helpful environment for bacteria to grow and cause damages of varying nature.
- If smoking is not stopped, then it can make the gum recede and turn loose and unhealthy.
- Gum diseases are inevitable when you use tobacco products regularly.
- Smoking carries the risk of oral cancer as it brings into system a variety of harmful chemicals and substances.
- Tooth sensitivity is one of downsides of smoking on a regular basis.
- Weak tooth and unhealthy gums are the end result when you don’t stop taking tobacco products
In overall, consult a top Flushing dentist to know more risks and treatment options for smoking.